Mystery Blogger Award
Hey all, I have had the great fortune to be nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Abha’s Recipes.
I appreciate Abha’s Recipes for nominating me. I feel happy to be known by her and her friends in the bloggers’ world. Blogger awards are a great way for bloggers to participate in these types of activities because it give us a chance to get to know each other. And it’s fun to do! This way, our ideas can be shared and we can learn from each other. Abba’s south Asian recipes has made my taste buds melt, and because I was born in Sri Lanka, I truly appreciate them. You must view her blog because it’s totally worth it.
This award was originally created by Okoto Enigma of https://okotoenigmasblog.com/my-greatest-creation-yet/.
RULES for the nominees:
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog post.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
5. Tell readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Answer the questions the blogger gave to you .
7. Nominate 10-20 people.
8. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
9. Ask nominees 5 questions of your choice (one weird/funny question).
10. Share link to your best post(s).
Three things about me are:
1. I was forced to flee Sri Lanka to Canada in the 80s after I was born. Therefore, I entered Canada as a refugee.
2. I enjoy travelling and meeting people from different countries and have come across many difference cultures. I’ve travelled to over 30 countries.
3. I do exercises from Shaun-T’s videos everyday, currently Max 30, which are very motivating.
For the next mystery blogger award I nominate:
1. Amina of thehooyoblog
2. Claire of https://clairevetica.wordpress.com/about/
3. A Tarnished Soul of tarnishedsoul
4. Ana of https://anaylapassion.com/
5. Rebecca of Travels of a beauty addict
6. Aruna Sharma of aruna3
7. Tom Schultz of spiritinpolitics.wordpress.com/
8. Chung Wipff of chungwipff.com
9. Eugenia of https://amanpan.com/
10. Dreamspinner of dreamspinnerextraordinaire.wordpress.com/
11. Miaa of pearlspotting.com/
12. Nina of thehappylife101.wordpress.com/
13. Derrick of derrickjknight.com/
14. Ceayr of ceayr.com/
15. Women who hope of womenwhohope.com/
16. Rajiv Chopra of rajivchopra.me/
17. Clara of expatpartnersurvival.com
18. Janaline´s World Journey of janalinesworldjourney.com
19. Halee of 2blueeyes.com
20. Maddy of introvertinkorea.wordpress.com/
All of their blogs are really worth checking out and reading into.
The questions I’ve been asked:
1. Tell me one thing that you love about yourself.
I’ve been told that I’m a good listener. I like to try to help people out if I can.
2. What’s your favourite dessert?
A hot chocolate sundae.
3. What’s the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
At the time it wasn’t funny but in retrospect it is. While I was waiting for the bus in Ecuador, two dogs got into a brawl. They started running towards me with great speed and like a bowling ball they knocked me down like I was a bowling pin. I cried of course after I got over the shock of what had just happened. When I tell this story to friends they burst out laughing.
4. Name the person who inspires you the most. And why?
There’s never just one because everyone’s different in their own special way, but I’d like to highlight my boss because she’s a strong female role model who directs an entire school flawlessly while taking great care of her teacher staff.
5. What’s the most important lesson that life has taught you so far?
Take it easy. Life’s too short. Don’t take things personally because someone’s misery is most likely not because of you.
I’d like my nominees to answer the following questions:
1. What’s one of the most helpful tips you can offer, whether it’s about motivation, living as an expat, or about life in general?
2. What’s one positive thing about my blog and one thing I can improve on?
3. Have you ever been caught in an emergency before? If so, what happened? If not, what’s something funny or awkward that’s happened to you?
4. What motivates you to wake up the hour you wake up and get through the day?
5. If you were given the option to choose one country in the world to live in, which would it be?
One of my best posts is 10 steps to make the process of obtaining a Spanish driver´s licence easier and How I was Stalked by a Man in a Trench Coat.
Thank you to everyone who has shown interest in my blog, including my nominator. I’m more enthusiastic and motivated even more now to continue writing about things I take interest in.